Public Art Australia is a light-based art practice delivering large scale experiences.
We are a collection of sculptors, painters, video artists, animators, lighting programmers and designers, interactive developers, composers and musicians we are always interested in talking about kinetic sculptural works, video and installation pieces and 2D / 3D projection mapping projects.
Lucy is the founder and managing director of Public Art Australia. A graduate of the National Institute of Dramatic Art (BDA) and the National Art School (MFA), Lucy Keeler's twenty year career spans painting, light-based sculpture, 3D virtual art, projection art and animation, theatre design and light art curation.
Committed to supporting and growing young artists, as the Curator of Vivid Light for Vivid Sydney (Destination NSW), Lucy has a national reputation for directing and designing large-scale public art projects including light-based sculptural works and architectural projection mapping.
• Artistic direction of Vivid Sydney's 2019, 2020 & 2021 light festivals (as 'Vivid Light Curator')
• Artistic direction of Festival of Lights Paris 2019, 2020/21, 2022
• Consultancy advice to light festivals in USA, China, Belgium, France and Saudi Arabia
Vivid Sydney was recognised by the International Festivals & Events Association (IFEA) and received 15 accolades at the 2019 IFEA Pinnacle Awards including a Gold placing in the Grand Pinnacle category.
Public Art Australia was recognized for Paris Festival of Lights with an Australian Good Design Award for Architectural Design (Urban Design & Public Spaces)
Under Lucy's co-leadership (2013-2018) Ample Projects (co-founded with Nicholas Tory) received 19 awards acknowledgements including 4 Australian Effects and Animation Festival (AEAF) awards and 6 Australian Production Design Guild (APDG) awards.
Talent Development Experience:
• 8+ years experience in outreach and emerging talent development
• 10+ years experience recruiting and managing 700+ 2D artists, 3D modelers, 3D rigging specialists, 3D animators
• Implementation of talent development placements for 30+ indigenous artists
• 4+ years delivering access and inclusion programs for artists living with disability